So Hugo Chavez latest is that he added Oliver Stone to the list of useful idiots that cheer for him. Who do we have on our side (whereby we refers to the camp of rule of law and democracy-supporting people)? Let’s keep a tally of the score, shall we? We have:
- Human Rights Watch,
- Amnesty International,
- Inter American Court of Human Rights,
- The European Union,
- Sweeden (and basically all the countries that consider Colombia’s FARC narco-guerrillas as a terrorist organization),
- The US of A,
- Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton,
- Office of the Coordinator for Counterterrorism, U.S. Department of State,
- U.S. Department of the Treasury’s Office of Foreign Assets Control,
- US Government Accountability Office,
- International Labour Organization,
- The Church,
- The WaPo, the NYT, The Guardian, El Pais, Le Monde…
- and now, Robert Morgenthau.
While Hugo has the clowns mentioned above and:
- Robert Mugabe,
- Fidel Castro,
- Aleksandr Lukashenko,
- Vladimir Putin,
- Mahmoud Ahmadinejad,
- Muammar Gaddaffi,
- Omar al-Bashir,
- The Kirchners,
- and Bashar al-Assad among other terrorism-supporter governments outside the Andes.
Hugo has military muscle, no doubt. He is friends with about every rogue, fundamentalist, dictator and terrorist organization, no doubt. But credibility he ain’t got. How about his mates, are they anymore credible?
Now then, shall we worry about some propaganda film by Stone, or shall Bolivarian Transnational Crime Groups come up with creative financial architecture to be able to triangulate stream of illegal, or stolen, funds into allied countries, after Morgenthau’s warning about money laundering in Venezuela? There’s precedent of him catching some Venezuelan criminals in the past…
Hat tip: Pedro B.